One Hit Wonderpets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Sacred Seasons 2 guild One Hit Wonderpets.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brainstorming for Improving Guild and Recruiting New Members

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
4rachne
OHW Beginner
OHW Beginner

Brainstorming for Improving Guild and Recruiting New Members Empty
PostSubject: Brainstorming for Improving Guild and Recruiting New Members   Brainstorming for Improving Guild and Recruiting New Members I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:55 pm

The following is a list of suggestions to make the guild more attractive to potential new members (as well as existing members) and ways we might recruit for the guild. These suggestions were made during a guild chat and are recorded here at Oly's request:

On Recruiting
• Use alts to enter guilds to find good people
• Use alt to start a guild and pick up lots of newbies
• Use 2hw to recruit new members. (Could be used as a 'probation' guild. If they behave and are active after, say 2 or 3 weeks, they could be promoted to 1hw.)
• Encourage current guild members to help newbies and recruit them if they seem a good fit for our guild
• Let it be known that several of our members have ‘Golden Eyes’ and are willing to help with looting
• For recruiting high lvl players who have completed all the quests, we could suggest that they could help us with guild achievements and thereby have new goals
• Mention to potential recruits that we have a significant guild exp boost because of our guild achievements
• For newish players, assign a mentor or buddy for a couple of weeks following recruitment to provide tips/info regarding the game (eg. Piñatas heal you when their status is red if you don’t kill them right away) and etiquette (eg. It’s annoying to ask for a heal if you are leeching and there are more than 6 people in the run.) Mentor could be the recruiter or someone else if recruiter is not available.

On Guild Changes/Additions
• Scheduled or ad hoc guild events such as:
o Quest or Guild Accomplishment of the Week
o Help a Guildie
o Various organized arena runs
o Island runs
o Class and/or Season runs (eg, FLA pirate run)

• Set goals and publish accomplishments on 1hw forum for bragging rights
• Review/update guild policies/rules
• Set a minimum activity level to retain a member’s good standing in the guild

These are a result of a brainstorming session and may or may not be good ideas - no evaluations have been made. If you have anything to add or comment, please post.
Back to top Go down
Talonex
OHW Novice
OHW Novice

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming for Improving Guild and Recruiting New Members   Brainstorming for Improving Guild and Recruiting New Members I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:55 am

Well for 1HW Ideas I like it but there might need to be color regulations for 2HW Pro And 2HW Camp

The difference between them is 2HW Pro is probition for the bad clan members there. They'll keep on an activity watch for rule breakers and inactivity on bad behavior.

2HW Camp is a training camp where the new members get to train with a buddy and get training. If they meet the requirements in 2 weeks, they can get promoted to 1HW as an official member there.

And also during certain days of the weeks, events will happen.

Loot drop Mondays (2nd and 4th monday of the month) (Pirate with golden eyes needed.)
Quest Help Tuesdays
Training thursdays (Every thursday) (For 1hw and 2hw)
Pvp Friday (1st friday of each month)
Activity watch: 2nd and 4th saturday of each month
Arena runs (Almost everyday)
Ranks will be given on every 2 weeks of activity watch

The following branches will be built:
1HW (Main branch)
2HW CAMP: (Training branch) (Open slot for leadership)
2HW Pro (Probition branch) (for troublemakers and inactive members)

Those are my ideas.

Also, A chatbox might be made for members only on 1HW And 2HW Camp on the forum...

Back to top Go down
tilda
OHW Beginner
OHW Beginner

PostSubject: my experience and how it might help now   Brainstorming for Improving Guild and Recruiting New Members I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:49 pm

So, I will give background as to how I joined 1HW and how it might work now (sorry in advance for my wordiness):
I was in a dying guild (Sacred Assassins) where all of the higher level players were poached to join some other guild and left the rest of us to fend for ourselves. Spacecakes, who had some history with the old guild, saw me in a run and was very active in offering me and others a place in 2HW. At the the time, 1HW was 1st or 2nd in the guild rankings so of course I made the switch. After a week or 2 of activity on my part and getting into some of the 1HW runs, oloran asked me to switch to the main guild.

1. I think the basic timeline I followed is a good model for the future.
2. We need to get more guild achievements in order to make 1HW (and by proxy 2HW) more attractive otherwise all of this effort will be moot.
3. We need someone to be as aggressive as Spacecakes was at the time in recruiting for 2HW.
4. I volunteer to move next_to_one from 1HW to 2HW so I can invite players to 2HW that I see as I play normally, but I don't think my personality is the outgoing aggressiveness that Spacecakes was at the time or that we need now, so maybe we should collectively all make an effort to do this unless someone very active volunteers to do spearhead it. I will leave it up to the (V)GMs to decide who to trust with this.
5. We need to figure out how to do the speed runs achievements.
6. More activity on the guild chat makes those who are around want to get in on the fun, so when you log in say hi and try to make running with guildies a priority.

If anybody stayed with until the end, Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
oloran
Admin
oloran

PostSubject: yup   Brainstorming for Improving Guild and Recruiting New Members I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:19 pm

nice stuff so far, tho i feel i should reiterate what has always been a cornerstone of the guild , we do not poach members.
everyone hates it when we lose a friend, and i don't want to be responsible for causing that on another person/guild.
on the other hand there are almost no active players not in a guild, i have in the past felt people out without being too aggressive.
anyone in a dead guild is in my mind fair game.
as far as joining a guild to get members, not sure how that could be done effectively and in a decent way... seems underhanded
was that my suggestion? it may have been
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming for Improving Guild and Recruiting New Members   Brainstorming for Improving Guild and Recruiting New Members I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brainstorming for Improving Guild and Recruiting New Members
Page 1 of 1