One Hit Wonderpets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forum of the Sacred Seasons 2 guild One Hit Wonderpets.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Q and A time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
oloran
Admin
oloran

Q and A time Empty
PostSubject: Q and A time   Q and A time I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:44 am

ok i have not answered all guild related questions directed at me... I had my reasons. but now almost everything is on the table so go ahead and shoot.

I will start it off with a old one
Q: why is our name One Hit Wonderpets

A: I will tell you, many reasons first off in SSC people couldn't see your guild name and i never thought we could rise to the top of any LB. The old guild in SSC was "One Hit Wonders" and i thought adding the pets was a witty before and after joke. But most importantly the wonderpets is a animated tv show targeted at 5 year olds and every episode is about teamwork. And when we started a PGA run back in the day one of us would sometimes ask"whats going to work?" and the answer(if u never saw the show) "TEAMWORK". I guess you could say it was a mantra for us. One last benefit i saw with that name, since it is a kids show was that any 10 year olds would think its stupid and not join our guild.. not that we only want adults, some kids are ok to. Its more of a maturity issue.
Back to top Go down
oloran
Admin
oloran

Q and A time Empty
PostSubject: Question: why did i get booted   Q and A time I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 1:53 am

We don't boot without a warning, usually many warnings before booting
A: ok this is different for every case of course, but one thing u need to understand is that I do not do anything for the guild unless i think it is the absolute best option.
That being said i have booted members for profanity many times, not so much because of breaking the rule but depending on the kind of profanity it shows immaturity (especially if overused/extremely vulgar). I understand people get upset when things don't go their way but there are kids in the guild and in the game(thats right no cussing on kong chat or game cat). And most importantly i want our reputation to stay professional.
I have booted a few members because they were not team players. Watching your guildmate die while you heal your alt is a good example of what not to do. Another variation of this is over alting. If you don't get levels for your main what you are doing is assuming that the rest of the guild will do all the work and take care of you. If you want to stay you better pull your weight. that doesn't mean i expect a lvl 50 recruit to catch up to me, it means if he tries to get all classes up to 50 before choosing a main he/she will get booted. We watch main level against average time spent per day and how often you /g and ask to level your new alt. So when can u start alting? getting close to guild average level is a good point (then you can help on runs, not just leach).
One member of 2HW i booted for a handful of reasons, but one of the biggest ones was he was self centred, he was asking rhetorical question in the kong chat rubbing the face of the some stranger in the fact that his main guild(one he had never helped) was over the other guys in kills.
So to summarise profanity, not pulling your weight, or being vain will all get you booted (just to name a few ways).

Last edited by oloran on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oloran
Admin
oloran

Q and A time Empty
PostSubject: umm no one has any questions???   Q and A time I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 1:32 pm

oh here is a good question i remembered,
Q: oly, why do u have a silly hamster thing for your avatar?
A: The Wonder Pets are Linny the Guinea Pig, Ming-Ming Duckling, and Turtle Tuck.
Back to top Go down
oloran
Admin
oloran

Q and A time Empty
PostSubject: the other name question i got   Q and A time I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 1:51 pm

Q:olo i want to call 1HW.> OHW is that ok?
A:I made a choice to change it and i will tell you why. once in kong chat we were typoed One Hit Wonderpest...
I know right it is funny, well i thought that changing our label to a more attractive name could help to make more people abbreviate it,
( i think all the young kids like numbers mixed in with letters.. they all type stuff like "see u l8r" or "time 4 food")

if anyone disagrees with anything i post here just say so.

and you are all encouraged to ask any question on your mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Q and A time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q and A time   Q and A time I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Q and A time
Page 1 of 1